Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

53 day challenge

Hi all! I know I haven't been posting much and this post may not interest many but we are nearing the half way point of this fall semester, and I am falling behind on my goal.  I have renewed my goal and I am giving myself a 53-day challenge. First let me start be explaining what and why. Some of you may know that I am a Court Reporting student.  I am at my last couple speeds, nearing the end. once we finish all of our speeds, we qualify for a State test, and from there, once you pass it, you can finally be a working reporter! They have about 4 or 5 Stats Tests a year. I had origonally made a goal to qualify for the upcoming state test which is in the second week of January but you have to qualify for it by the 30th of November. That is where this 53 day challenge comes in.  I do not know if it is possible to get my last four tests done by then.. but I am going to really live, eat, and breath on my machine to try to make that happen.  I am in my 200's speed. I have to get two tests in this speed., which I feel REALLY close to getting and then I will move into my 225's speed and I have to get two "mock tests" which consists of a 180, 200, and 225 speed test all in one. I have to pass two of those,  they mimic the State test. On top of that I am taking a english and medical terminology class and I am interning.  I will be putting interning on the back burner and just intern on my day off and during the Christmas break, since we have a month off, I will finish my hours then.  Everyday, starting today, instead of relaxing and watching tv or spending my time on the computer, I will be on my machine from the time I get home from school until I go to bed writing to the Tv and also things online that we have to practice with, while also building my dictionary.  I think I can make this happen.  I'm hoping sharing it with you-all will help me with the extra push I need.  I will report weekly and update you-all on any news I have that week of if I typed any tests, passed any tests, or anything like that.

Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers :)




No comments:

Post a Comment